Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A very moving photo

Photos can, sometimes, convey much more than words. The Pulitzer award winning photo of 2007, taken by Renee Byer, does just that.


The mother is racing barefooted, up and down the hallway of a hospital, trying to distract her son, during the wait before bone marrow extraction. Her son was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a childhood form of cancer.

The photographer has brought out a series of the family's photos, during their troubled times. It can be accessed at http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/8358.

I was moved beyond words after going through the images. By the time I had completed viewing it, tears were running down my cheeks. The worst form of sadness is when a parent outlives her kid. I was hesitant to paste it in my blog, because it is heart-breaking. But I also felt that accepting it, would reduce atleast my pain, as an outsider.   



No comments:

Post a Comment